Lets take a look at how to install and set up Valentina ADKs for Xojo on the Linux platform. With this step-by-step video walk thru, you will learn how to do this, as well as set up your Xojo development environment for database development with the most advanced database for Xojo development and work with remote databases on Valentina Server.
Valentina ADK for Xojo download files include the components for Valentina DB ADK and Valentina Reports ADK. Valentina DB ADK for Xojo lets you embed the ultra-fast, royalty free Valentina Database into your applications. Valentina Reports ADK lets you embed cross-platform reports in your business applications with support for grids, tables, charts, graphs and more; you aren’t limited to only Valentina DB though when it comes to reports. You can use Valentina Reports with MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Postgre and more.
In this walk-thru, you will see step-by-step how to get started with Valentina and Xojo development.
- How to download exactly what you need from the Paradigma Software website
- How to install the Valentina ADK archive (which includes both Valentina DB and Valentina Reports) onto your computer
- How to add the Valentina ADK plugin to your Xojo environment
- How to make sure the Valentina ADK plugin is installed correctly in Xojo with a test application
- How to add a control that initiates or starts up the Valentina Client
- How to add code that shuts down the Valentina Client
- How to open/close a connection from your Xojo application to Valentina Server
- How to check a connection to Valentina Server using LOG files
- How to add additional code within the scope of your Valentina Client connection
- How to add some SQL SELECT code to SELECT a few records and display them
- How to add some SQL SELECT code to SELECT a few records from Valentina Server
- How to work with records in JSON format
You can see this new movie How to Download and Install Valentina ADK for Xojo/REALbasic on Linux [9 minutes] on Youtube.