On February 14, 2013, Paradigma Software celebrated 15 years of Valentina with the release of Valentina 5 generation of products. With it came a reconfiguration of Valentina Developer Network – one that we believe gives you many more options for satisfying your customers. If you have questions about VDN, please reply to this, and Ill do updates to answer them. Continue reading The New VDN 5: Licensing, and Your Questions
[VStudio][Improve] Server Admin Panel – Log Files
5.0b60 includes significant improve of LOG files panel of Server Admin tool.
1) Now in the list of log files of a VSERVER you can see two sections. The first is named TAIL and contains only active log files. If you choose one of them, you will see tail (end) of this file with automatic refresh. This is analog of terminal tail command.
2) We have improve protocol between VSERVER and VStudio to exclude from vserver log file commands that send VStudio itself to collect information.
3) We have extend set of SNMP commands that VSERVER supports to increase performance of talk between VSERVER and VStudio. Besides, VSERVER is able proceed these commands absolutely parallel to its main job.
[NEW][VSERVER] Now has one more log file. From vreport.dll
We have found that if some report contains wrong SQL queries stored in the report itself, OR this queries have become invalid later, e.g. if some fields was renamed in the database, then no way to see these errors.
Solution is to add to VSERVER one more standard log file, into which will write info VREPORT.dll.
This log file can be set ON/OFF using same SQL commands as Warning.log file of the Valentina Kernel.
[NEW][MAC] VStudio.app and installer of VServer_x64 now are signed
OS X 10.8 has option “System Settings -> Security -> General -> Allow: MAS App Store and identified developers” on default to be ON, so you cannot installed easy not signed applications and run installers. Note that 10.7 also can have this option enabled on some computers.
To resolve this issue, we have sign vstudio.app and vserver_x64.pkg installer.
Unfortunately we cannot easy sign other our installers (V4RB, V4REV, V4CC, … ) because we using third party installer. So for now, for 5.0, we going to ship these installers not signed. To run them, OS X developer should in the Finder do CTRL + click on icon of installer and choose OPEN command in the contextual menu. In this case you will see the button ALLOW in the OS X security dialog. Click it, and continue as usual.
[NEW] VStudio – “Add Filter Row with Cell Value”
While you are in Data Editor, you may want select group of records using value of some record at which you watch now. Todo this you was need
- Select all value in the cell (CDM+A)
- Copy it (CMD + C)
- Add filter row (CMD + F)
- Double click cell in filter into which you want insert that value
- Paste that value into filter (CMD + V)
- Execute filter using (CMD + E)
[VStudio][NEW] Commands GenerateSQL -> Insert / Update / Delete.
While you are in the Schema Editor, Column or Tree view, you can do right click on a table and in the contextual menu choose GenerateSQL -> Insert / Update / Delete.
You will be asked to specify fields for Insert / Update commands, after that you will see SQL Editor with generated command. You still need finish it of course in VALUES() section for INSERT, and SET section for UPDATE command.
Anyway this feature can save you couple of minutes of job per each such command.
[MAC] Valentina Servers prefs panel improved
[NEW] VStudio – SQL Dump allows specify few tables only
Now SQL Dump wizard has page where you can specify by checkbox only few tables to be dumped.
This can be suitable for example working with Joomla web site, when single mySQL database contains 200+ tables from different tools such as Joomla, Store, Mantis, WP, … So there are independent groups of tables.
WARNING: You should understand that if you dump some table A, but forget to dump linked by FK table B, you can get troubles. But most DB tools have this feature, so developers should be aware about this risk.
[NEW] VStudio – Enum with localisation is supported now
Some time ago we have extend ENUM type by ability to have additional sets of enum values for specific locales. Now we introduce support of this new feature of Valentina 5.0 engine in the Valentina Studio 5.0b54.
This feature is supported in the following places:
- Schema Editor
1.1 Columns: you are able create ENUM types, create/delete/change Locales in that Enums, change localised values.
1.2 Trees: you can see ENUMs and their Locales in the tree of db schema
1.3 Diagrams: you can design type ENUM right on diagram.
- Data Editor — IF table has at least one ENUM type, then you will see small menu in toolbar that allows you switch between supported locales of that enum.
- SQL Editor — IF result of SQL query contains ENUM fields, then you will see small menu in toolbar that allows you switch between supported locales of that enum.
[NEW] DEFAULT clause extended by METHOD(‘const_expr’)
We have extend Valentina SQL by non standard feature. DEFAULT clause now has form DEFAULT METHOD(‘const_expr’).
This step increases declarative power of DDL part of VSQL and, therefore, allows you do less job later working with inserts and updates.
You can use in the expression built-in Valentina functions and UDFs that not depends on other fields. The most useful examples are:
* nextval( sequence_name )
* this is not standard syntax.
* PostgreSQL have similar syntax and behavior, but it specify expression just in the literal: DEFAULT STRING_LITERAL. This cause ambiguity.