Paradigma Software announces Valentina 5.8 updates are released with improvements to all products, especially on Mac OS X, PostgreSQL support, Valentina for Xojo, Valentina Studio and more.
This update includes improvements that span the Valentina product line. All are available for immediate download from the Paradigma Software website.
Valentina Kernel Improvements 5.8
Paradigma Software has been working to improve its internal testing procedures and as a result, we’ve fixed four kernel level issues that were hard to fix because of manifesting only in the field. Other kernel level fixes include:
- REGEX alias, such as REGEXP, RLIKE
- MAIL command gets a SQL parameter __TIMEOUT (in seconds)
- Improvements to NO CYCLE in CREATE SEQUENCE
Other Improvements in Valentina 5.8
- Valentina Studio now allows Postgre dumps even when there there is a mismatch in expected versions
- Valentina DB ADK for Xojo now correctly handles writePictureAs( ) from a Canvas background in Xojo, when working with client-server
Mac OS X Installer Annoyances Go Away
The Mac OS X operating system Gatekeeper system tries to protect end users from digitally unsigned applications. If you are running Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) or OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), you may have had to jump through some hoops with our installers, even though they are digitally signed. This is now corrected.
See the release notes on the Paradigma Software wiki for details.