Also includes cumulative fixes and improvements to Valentina Server, Valentina DB and ADKs.
Because of hot fixes applied over the previous several weeks, the information below includes updates for 10.4.1 and 10.4.2.
Valentina Studio / Valentina Studio Pro
Valentina Studio is the free, all purpose database management and forms client tool. Valentina Studio Pro combines database management with diagramming, forms creation, reporting and database continuous integration. Available on Windows, Linux and macOS.
- [New][DataEditor][Pro] – EXPORT…
- which allows you to export a visible set of rows from Data Editor to CVS, Excel, HTML, JSON formats or copy to clipboard.
- This is similar to button in SQL Editor but allows you do export easy and fast without writing SQL query.
- This export takes into account the order of fields in Data Editor (which you can control using Layouts).
- [Imp][Data Editor] User Interface
- Decreased the default width of columns.
- Corrected the column width for a column with an icon (FK, PK).
- Corrected column widths (add more space for the field name)
- Added the preference “Default maximum column width”, which is used if a column content is too long.
- [New][REPORT EDITOR] Set Alpha and Opacity for Text and Borders (10.4.2)
- [Fix][SQL Diff] DIFF with databases that have schemas and constraints with the same name in different schemas; other cumulative fixes for SQL DIFF (10.4.1)
- [Fix][Dark Theme] AlternateBase palette color not changing on macOS (10.4.1)
- [Fix][Report Editor] Rendering images in layout mode on a retina screen. Set left/right indents of a new picture to 0 (10.4.1)
Valentina Server incorporates Valentina Reports Server, Valentina Forms Server and two database servers: Valentina DB Server and Valentina SQLite Server. Available for Windows, Linux, macOS and Raspberry PI.
- [Fix] 8800 – Issies if the INI file is absent or somehow incorrect.
- Cumulative features and improvements to Valentina DB database in 10.4.1-10.4.3 in Valentina DB Server
- Cumulative features and improvements to Valentina Reports in 10.4.1-10.4.3 in Valentina Reports Server
Valentina Reports cross platform reports system is available in Valentina Reports Server, Valentina Reports ADK for embedding a reporting system into applications and Valentina Studio as a reports authoring, testing and deployment platform.
- Set Alpha and Opacity for Text and Borders (10.4.2)
- [New] SVG picture data now can be stored in a textual field. You can now specify such a field as a data source for the Picture Control
- [Fix]8804 – When “column_layout=Right” an extra distance was added between rows of labels.
Valentina DB is Paradigma Software advanced, object relational database and available in Valentina DB Server (a part of Valentina Server) and Valentina DB ADKs (developer components for adding runtime database support to applications).
- [Imp][SQL] Now can be a comma-separated list of variables in the SET clause: “SET @a = 1, @b = 2, @c = 3;”
- [Fix]8805 – Unique index issue because of data unique violation. UNIQUE INDEX and operations when it present.
- [Imp] Database Diagnose now can provide more useful details
Valentina for Xojo ADK
Valentina Database ADK and Valentina Reports ADK are available on Windows, Linux and macOS (with Raspberry PI) for Xojo development. The Valentina ADK Client for Xojo also works with Valentina Server.
- [Fix]8807 – New RBDB db.ExecuteSQL() syntax produces no result for query with binding
Valentina 10 products are immediately available for download from the Paradigma Software website. You can also read the announcement on the Paradigma Software forum.